Saturday, October 10, 2015

DIY: Dying glass bottles

This is kinda the same as the candy corn bottles I posted.
I did these a little different. I wanted that clear color look.
The BOO letters I just wrote in permanent marker.

What you'll need:

  • Clean glass bottles ( I used leftover spaghetti sauce bottles)
  • Food coloring ( i did orange, purple and green for Halloween)
  • elmers glue
  • water
  • colored twine
What to do: 
Clean the bottles and remove stickers, dirt and oil from them. 
Next, I put the glue and a little bit of water in a leftover baby jar. Its easier to mix the color. 

Put about 2-3 drops of food coloring in the glue and mix. 
Use a foam brush and brush in nice clean strokes. I only did one layer and it turned out fine. Make sure you get every inch, with no brush strokes. It is a little hard if you cannot get any brush strokes to go away that's fine. They'll usually go away when it dries. 
Let them dry overnight and tada!!! cute bottles to decorate. I added color twine to mine and it turned out way cute.

I found out that if you didn't want that color or you messed up you can wash off the color and start over. So when you finish the ones you like make sure you don't get them wet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

.