Monday, March 27, 2017

Review: Focus T25

This program goes from easy to hard in 3 months. There are 3 different levels you can choose from.
Alpha is more for people who aren't very active. Beta is a moderate level. Gamma is for people who are already fit. Each different in its own way but you get awesome results. Each workout includes a modifier so you won't have to over do it.

Alpha:

  • Cardio- pure 25 minutes of calorie burning cardio.
  • Speed 1.0- Low level speed agility for fat burn.
  • Total body circuit- focus on strength resistance without lifting weights.
  • Ab intervals- Cardio ab workout to work that midsection. 
  • Lower focus- focuses on the lower body to burn fat and raise metabolism. 
  • Stretch- stretch those tight muscles. 
Beta:
  • Core cardio- Get your sweat on! this will surly shred all the calories off. 
  • Speed 2.0- A level up from Speed 1.0. All cardio.
  • Rip't circuit- focuses on core, legs, arms, and abs. Than you do it all again.
  • Dynamic core- this workout you do horizontal and vertical. A little different but helps you focus.
  • Upper focus- focuses on the upper body to help build a better, upper body. 
  • Stretch- stretch those tired muscles.
Gamma:
  • The pyramid- cardio and strength endurance.
  • Rip't up- work your arms, back, shoulder, and chest.
  • Extreme circuit- build lean muscle and burn fat. You never put the dumbbells down.
  • Speed 3.0- more sweat and cardio. More intense than 1.0 and 2.0
"Even if you can't physically see the results in front of you, every single effort is changing your body from the inside. Never get discouraged!"

I decided to do all three workout programs. When I started alpha I wasn't to impressed with it. It was to easy for me. I had just finished Insanity so I was wanted more sweat and cardio. Every workout felt like a warm up to me. I wanted more cardio and that's not what I was getting in this one.
It was like a rest month for me. Although total body circuit is intense and had me sweating every time I was done. Also I did like the lower focus. I liked the moves and how he sculpted my lower body. 
Beta was more enjoyful. I felt like I was getting more and what I wanted when I was done. I really like Rip't circuit and core cardio. Rip't circuit you work a certain body part than when your done with every part you do it all over again. Its great!! Core cardio reminds me of pure cardio from insanity. Upper focus felt like another upper body workout. It reminded me of BBL carnival tank top time. I enjoyed it a lot. Dynamic core was a meh for me. I didn't mind it but I would rather do Rip't circuit.
Gamma was very intense. It felt like I was doing Insanity all over again, but it was 25 minutes instead of 45. Like a speedy version of Insanity. The pyramid was enjoyable but not my favorite. Rip't up was very enjoyable it worked everything that is upper body. It was like doing P90x, but in less time. Extreme circuit I really enjoyed. You literally never put those dumbbells down! your getting in your cardio while working your core. It felt amazing. Speed 3.0 ok this one got me every time. I would have a hard time finishing this one. You think Speed 2.0 was hard, well 3,0 is like it but you go faster and harder. Total sweat fest here.
On one workout ( i cant remember which one, but I think its extreme circuit) Shaun has you do 7 different burpees like 4 times! I hate burpees!! After this one I got use to them. They don't bother me as much and I'm getting much better at doing them.
So during the month of Beta me and my husband went on vacation to Vegas. We stayed for a whole week but I kept my workouts up. We stayed in a really nice condo that had a fancy gym. I would hook up to the wifi and get sweating. I would have a lot of people look at me and when I was done they would ask what that workout was. I would explain what I was doing and where and how I was streaming it.
 They had nice clean towels and fans going to keep me cool during my cardio day. I still was sweating like crazy and catching my breath once in a while. I loved working out where people could see me so they could see how much fun I was having by streaming my workouts online. I could
have also done it in the comfort of our condo room. That's what I love about Beachbody.
At the end of month Beta my herbalist put me on a brain detox. Now that was the longest and hardest 2 week ever. I couldn't do heavy cardio and to do a lot of yoga. I still did this program but modified a lot!. I hated this detox I was ornery, weak, tired and always hungry. Nobody said this was gonna be easy.. It really took a toll on not only my brain but my body too. When I was done with it I felt like a whole new person. I had so much energy. I could go to work, take care of my toddler and husband, cook, clean and workout. Oh I loved it!.
I did this program right during Thanksgiving. Oh boy did I have a lot of temptation to not workout. Guess what I did not use the holidays as an excuse to not workout. I still did it and felt good. On Thanksgiving I didn't over indulge on food. I ate in moderation and controlled my intake.

To 10 signs you're doing T25 

  1. You love Shaun T
  2. You hate Shaun T
  3. You love Tania
  4. You sweat more in 25 minutes than you ever have in any workout. 
  5. Double down Friday put you in depression
  6. Beta is a whole new level of WTF!
  7. You front, center, back, center randomly.
  8. You started to love Shaun T again
  9. The last 10 seconds are your favorite part of the workout
  10. You are excited to announce you NAILED IT after every workout!!


Funny story while doing this program. Im quoting my instagram post.
Had family stuff going on. Wanted to workout before it started and the beachbody website was down and the internet decided not to work... I had withdrawals and got my rage out on the Facebook group. Apparently I wasn't the only one that was needing an attitude adjustment. I really wanted to tell everyone that I'm not responsible for my actions...I told my mother in law I was going insane ( while shaking slightly like an addict) and needed to workout. Got home website was up, wifi up I was set. Got it in and felt much better. Now I can post this picture while laughing and say to myself " this actually happens".
Having funny moments make great workout memories.


This program is perfect for busy people... especially moms who want to workout and want results in less time. You can't beat 25 minutes a day.


"Everything is hard before it is easy"




Here are my results. I noticed a huge difference in my back and midsection. I loved my results. Thanks Shaun!.



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this useful post with us. I have nutrition & health-related website. I'm telling you about this beautiful topic and this topic is Crazy ab workout. Crazy Ab workout is very impotent in human body. I have a website and this website discusses human body fitness and nutrition. Read more please visit this website.

    ReplyDelete

.

.