Friday, April 11, 2014

Coconut oil hair mask

With the oil pulling I have also been putting the oil in my hair. I know it sounds weird but I like it.
What I did I got my coconut oil i didn't really need to melt it cause it was already kinda melted. I went from root to tip and massaged it in my scalp while I was putting it in. It actually felt really nice kinda like a spa treatment for your hair. Brush your hair if you can with the oil in it to stimulate the scalp. I left in in for 20-30 min you can leave it in longer if you want. After, I took a shower and did my hair. The only thing i didn't like was that my hair was not soft at all it was just hard to run my fingers through it. When I woke up the next morning my hair was really wavy. I straightened my hair and put straightening gel in it too. I think it was because my hair is getting use to the texture. But like I said I liked it when it was in my hair
Now i heard that you can add essential oils to it. I haven't done that yet I don't really own any, well I do have lavender. Also if you want to deep condition your hair leave in the oil longer and put a shower cap on;)
So what the oil does it helps with growing your hair out, dandruff, dry scalp, keeps your hair clean, removes build up from products and elements, and split ends. So far I haven't noticed anything. Well I've only done it once so far. I'm gonna do it once a week and see what happens.
I keep y'all updated.
*Update*
So I went and got my hair colored and cut and my salon person said that my hair was soft and shiny and was wondering what I have been doing. Hehe I told her about the mask and oil pulling. She said she's gonna try it now. Anyway I heard to blow dry it when the time is up. Just till its a little dry then take a shower like normal. They said that it exfoliated the hair follicles like when you massage it. So I'm gonna try that to see if it works.
*Update*
I found out that the coconut oil makes hair color fade. I got my hair colored like a couple of weeks before I did my treatment and it faded bad just by the one treatment. So this is a warning if you spend a lot of money on your hair don't do the treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

.